NZIBO Privacy Statement
When you register for the New Zealand International Biology Olympiad (NZIBO) we collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Personal descriptors
- Contact information
- Educational descriptors and school contact information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Ensure you are eligible to participate in the NZIBO programme
- Provide a quality educational programme
- Monitor the effectiveness of the programme and the benefits to our participants and the wider educational community in New Zealand
- Continual improvement our programme
Your information may be used in the future:
- To contact you about the NZIBO programme as an alumnus
- For the purposes of academic research into the NZIBO programme. The information we collect for research purposes will be used in a way that does not identify individuals
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter contact information and the school you attend, we’ll be unable to provide the tutorial programme effectively.
We keep your information safe by storing it in secure, password protected, cloud storage and only allow the NZIBO executive to access it.
We keep your information for the purposes of monitoring the efficacy of the tutorial programme and its long-term benefits to our learners so it will be destroyed by erasing all electronic files after 30 years.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com.
Dr Angela Sharples